Minnesota Genealogist, the quarterly journal of the Minnesota Genealogical Society, invites you to enter its 2021 Family History Photo Contest. Eligible photo subjects include:
- Family or ancestral photos taken before 1950, and
- Photos of ancestral homes your ancestors lived in before 1950.
Entries will be displayed online during the virtual North Star Genealogy Conference, 1-2 October 2021. Conference attendees will be invited to vote for their favorite photo. Although entries are invited in either the family photo or ancestral home categories, a single overall winning photo will appear on the cover of Minnesota Genealogist in 2022.
- Your entry must be accompanied by the entry form (you can download in the sidebar).
- Limit of two entries per person – one in each category.
- Black & white photos are preferred; color entries will be converted to black & white for display.
- Horizontal (landscape-formatted) photos are strongly encouraged; vertical photos are difficult to use on the journal cover. Photos that are not suitable for display on the Minnesota Genealogist cover will be disqualified.
- Do not send your original photo. Good quality 5x7 prints are strongly preferred. Digital scans are acceptable. A digital scan must be a .jpg or .png file at a minimum of 600 dpi, to result in a good quality print. Photos embedded in Word or PDF files will not be accepted.
- Enter only photos to which you have full ownership rights or that you have been given permission to enter. By entering a photo, you are granting Minnesota Genealogist license to publish your photo in a 2022 issue of the journal.
- POST entries by 15 August to J. H. Fonkert, 2724 Mackubin St., Roseville, MN 55113 or EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org.