Volunteer with MGS!
Please consider helping MGS achieve its mission to provide an association of those interested in genealogy, to collect and publish material relating to Minnesota families, to hold meetings for the instruction and interest of its members, to foster and increase an interest in genealogy, and to encourage the establishment of genealogical departments in libraries throughout the state.
Here are some current openings for volunteers. If there is one (or more!) you're interested in, please indicate so below in the "Special interests and talents" box.
- Development and Grant Writing: Sustain and develop our programs through your expertise in annual fundraising, development and grant writing.
- Education Committee: Bring your expertise to making decisions on opportunites offered through in-person classes, webinars and our biyearly conferences.
- Membership Committee: Create and maintain the membership committee, along with ensuring a welcoming experience for new members.
- North Star Committee: Assist in planning and executing our annual fall conference. We have year-round opportunites in the following: Advertising and Public Relations, Door Prize Coordination, Graphics Design, Hospitality, Program Advertising, Registration, Speaker Relations, Syllabus Coordinator and Vendor Relations.
- Store Manager: Make decisions on items to be sold and merchandise them at the Center and online to benefit our vistors, members and the Society.
- William J. Hoffman Library: Duties include opening and closing the library, answering the phone, and helping library patrons find materials. New volunteers work with experienced volunteers. No experience is necessary.
If you don't see a job above that uses your talents and skills, please fill in the form below and click submit--we'll contact you.