MGS Service Awards
Winners of MGS service awards must be members in good standing as of July 1 of the awards year.
• The Pat and Dorothy Chandler Award for exceptional and prolonged volunteer service to MGS.
• The Unsung Hero Award for behind-the-scenes work that contributes to the efficient management and operation of MGS.
• The MGS Founder's Award for visionary organizational leadership that sustains MGS as an organization and advances its mission.
Genealogy Achievement Awards
Both MGS members and non-members are eligible for achievement awards.
• The Pioneer Explorer Award for contributions to the development of Minnesota resources for genealogy and family history research.
• The Minnesota Genealogy North Star Award for outstanding research, writing or education.
• The Minnesota Genealogy Ambassador Award for representing Minnesota on the national genealogy scene and bringing honor to Minnesota genealogy.
Nominations will be accepted by the Awards Committee through July 15, 2015. For each award category, please send a written statement as to the name of the candidate, their qualifications for the award, the name of the person submitting the nomination and their contact information. Nominations may be submitted either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to MGS Awards Committee, 1185 Concord St. N Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN. 55075-1150.