2019 Cover Photo Contest for The Minnesota Genealogist
The editors of Minnesota Genealogist invite you to enter its 2019 Family History Photo Contest. Eligible photo subjects include:
- Photos of ancestors or family members taken before 1950, and
- Photos of ancestral homes your ancestors lived in before 1920.
Entries will be displayed at the 4-5 October North Star Genealogy Conference, where conference attendees will vote for their favorite photo. Although entries are invited in either the family photo or ancestral home categories, a single overall winning photo will appear on the cover of Minnesota Genealogist in 2019.
- Your entry must be accompanied by the entry form (Download the submission form)
- Limit of two entries per person – one in each category.
- Black & white photos are preferred; color entries will be converted to black & white for display.
- Horizontal (landscape-formatted) photos are strongly encouraged; vertical photos are difficult to use on the journal cover.
- Do not send your original photo. Good quality 5x7 prints are strongly preferred. A digital scan must be a .jpg or .png file (not pdf) at a minimum of 600 dpi, to result in a good quality print.
- Enter only photos to which you have full ownership rights or that you have been given permission to enter. By entering a photo, you are granting Minnesota Genealogist license to publish your photo in a 2020 issue of the journal.
- POST entries by 25 August to J. H. Fonkert, 2724 Mackubin St., Roseville, MN 55113 or EMAIL to email@example.com.